Email with application documents
CV’s and cover letters as well are sent through electronic way. E-mail with an application documents attached, should include only few sentences. When sending a message that way, you should obey few rules.
First of all, you should watch out of non-formal style of statement, which operates on the Web and do not send an application for more than one recipient.
It’s good to create a special email address for purpose of searching jobs. You cc use your name and surname, like e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org. It looks more professional rather than e.g. email@example.com. Try to avoid using your current job email address for this purpose.
How should an email look like? You must:
- Properly title your message header like e.g. including position for which you search for;
- Using formal language, appropriate words are: “Dear Sir”, “Ladies and Gentlemen”, “Yours faithfully”;
- Do not use emoticons;
- Properly title sent application documents e.g. by using your own name and surname (e.g. “CV_Jan_Nowak.pdf”);
- Include CV and cover letter in attachments using most popular file extensions (.doc, .pdf), using .pdf file extension is recommended, because of its aesthetics;
- Except CV and cover letter you can send scans of held certificates and etc., while they’re revenant to applied job position.